How far along: 34 weeks! According to our doctor, this is a huge milestone. At this point, his lungs should be fully functioning, meaning that if I were to go into labor, the likelihood of him having to go to Children's in Little Rock in low. I realize there are is a myriad of other things that can require him extra hospital care so I will continue to pray for a healthy baby.
Size of baby: He is about 4 and a half lbs, and anywhere from 19-22 inches long. The fruit size he is now closest to is a pineapple!
Gender: He is still our sweet baby boy!
Movement: He is still quite a mover, despite the crowded quarters. I know exactly how he is position, based on feeling his hiccups, and his little knees moving around constantly on my right side.
Sleep: Sleep? What is this you speak of? Just kidding. I've only had to deal with a few nights of insomnia. The worst part is the heartburn/reflux. I'm also counting down the days to sleeping on my back and stomach again.
What I miss: Jogging! I mean, I'm sure I'll deny ever saying that come August, but for right now, it just looks so fun when I see other people doing it.
Cravings: Dill Pickle slices.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks every now and then, along with lower back pain.
Maternity Clothes: I was able to get through the school year with very little maternity clothes since I could wear elastic shorts and tshirts to work. However, now that it's summer and I'm required to go into public more often, my one pair of maternity pants are really getting a workout.
Best moments: Anytime he moves, getting the nursery somewhat figured out (huge thanks to Paige!), swinging on the back porch, precious visits from friends and family (especially since us traveling is no longer allowed), and summer break!
and just for kicks....
No comments:
Post a Comment