Pages

Monday, March 18

moving and (re)modeling and (half) marathoning

It's the middle of March somehow, and we have been busy!  We have been packing up our apartment and slowly moving our belongings over to our new place.  We are getting more and more excited - I'm currently looking for ways to be creative with our space and lack of certain kitchen appliances.  The home owners are gracious and willing to share their kitchen but I don't want to impose all the time.  Do you have any ideas?  So far we've thought of using the crock pot a lot, finding a small grill to cook outside (and enjoy the beautiful weather in the process), and an electric skillet.

I left Searcy this past Thursday for a ten day trip to Texas.  I had a wedding shower to go to on March 16th and a half marathon in Dallas March 24th, and since Searcy schools are on spring break this week, we figured we would save money if I just stayed in Texas with my parents for the 10 days.  My parents, of course, weren't opposed to the idea, and they have even given me opportunites to make some money while I'm down here.  They are in the final stages of remodeling a rent house and now they have enlisted me to do the final clean up!  The transformation is remarkable and I am SO proud of all their hard work - it has definitely paid off!



As I briefly mentioned above, THIS WEEKEND is the 13.1 for Jenny in Dallas!  We are excited and ready to run for someone who means so much to us.  Jenny and Chase have been through a difficult trial over the last year - but PRAISE God, she had a successful surgery that removed 95% of her brain tumor, and it is our constant prayer that the cancer will stay away FOR GOOD.  This journey for them isn't over...every 2-3 months, Jenny will have an MRI to check for cancer growth.  Please pray that it will never come back!




It isn't too late to donate if you would like to help Chase and Jenny with medical expenses.  Just message me for an address to send the check to!  Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, and financial support for the Lively's.



 
 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a plug in skillet or microwave?

Mom said...

I can't wait to run with you !!!!!