Pages

Tuesday, December 4

This is one of those "it's one AM and I can't go to sleep because I had caffeine this evening for the first time in a week" posts. Bear with me.

I definitely slacked off on the Thankful posts but I will definitely blame that on lack of Internet. Fear not, I did at least mentally give thanks for some specific blessing on days when I didn't post.

My career as a long term Art Substitute came to an end as the school found a certified teacher for the classroom to start after Thanksgiving holiday. I am very thankful for the three weeks I had in that position, as well as the endless offers of help and suggestions from those who are much craftier than I, but I will admit that I was slightly relieved when I heard that they had hired someone. The planning and grading was starting to get to me. I just had no idea, and to be a perfectionist and not know how to do something... Well, that's just difficult to not stress about.

People ask me,"So now what are you doing?" Well, I'm still a sub :) just the normal kind where you get called in the morning, show up for the day and supervise, and go home. At least that's the goal. I have yet to get called for another sub job. I just got done with the sub process for Searcy schools so hopefully they will be calling soon.

Devin has been working hard in the admissions office at HU, calling lots and lots of prospective students. I know his hard work will pay off soon. He has such a great, out-going personality. Plus, he really believes in what he is "selling.". We both love Harding so much and feel like it is the best place to get a college degree while finding yourself and discovering a relationship with God that is outside of your parents and your home church. Shameless plug over :)

We had an amazingly wonderful Thanksmas (Thanksgiving and Christmas) with my family in Texas. The presents were above and beyond what we deserve, and the food was delicious, but the best part was just getting to spend four days with my family. When you all live in different states, four days together is quite a blessing and I loved every minute of it. The last time we saw our niece was in July so it was fun to see her little personality expand and her mobility increase.

In the last few weeks, we have had the Messicks come visit us for a weekend, as well as Shelby (Dev's sister) and her boyfriend visited us last weekend. It was so good to catch up with friends and family, even if our apartment isn't quite all put together yet. Not to say we haven't had the time to do so... We are just really indecisive decorators. Alas, the world keeps turning.

I'd like to say that we are gearing up for and enjoying the holiday season but I spend most of my time confused. In my mind, Christmas is over since I have already celebrated it once this year. I just have to remind myself that I'm blessed to get double use out of my Christmas tree and stockings. Tis the season (again)!



No comments: