Pages

Wednesday, November 14

God's promises

I am thankful today, and every day, for God's promises. The fact that I know without a shadow of a doubt that HE will always be there for me - it is just so comforting. As humans, it is hard to understand because we are constantly failing...ourselves, each other, etc. But HE is faithful. We moved to Arkansas because we felt that is where He was calling us. Neither of us had jobs so most people thought we were just being irresponsible. But here we are, almost a full month in Arkansas, and we still kickin'. Within four days of being here, I got called for two jobs, one working as an assistant for a professor a few hours a week, and another long term substitute job as an Art teacher in a town nearby. Last week, Devin got a call for a job that he has been dreaming about - the one we originally wanted to move out here for. It is just a 4 month trial run, but I know that Devin will be more than great and they will have to keep him! Sure, it has been hard at times. Ramen has become a staple meal. It is hard because I feel like I'm poisening my body and it would probably just be better if I didn't eat at all, but I can't be picky (yes mom, I'm learning that lesson). For every bill that has come up, we have somehow (aka God provides) had money to pay for them. I just can't imagine how hard life would be without the knowledge that an awesome and faithful God loves me and cares for me. I'm so thankful for it!

No comments: