Pages

Thursday, November 1

Small towns

I realize I must blog about our big move to Arkansas, as well as life in Arkansas so far. There is also the obligatory "1st anniversary" and "husband's birthday" posts to write, and don't you worry, I'll get there - probably when we get internet. However, I saw today that one of my fellow bloggers has decided to write a post everyday about something she is thankful for, in light of the upcoming holiday in which my husband believes I'm trying to skip (I just want to put my tree up, people).

Today, I'm thankful for small towns.

There is just something about them that makes me so happy. Yes, the lack of traffic is great, but it's really not even about that.

You can't really explain the Friday-night-lights-Texas-forever feeling. A place where football players are every little boys hero, and where students gather to pray together because they want to. I cherish every memory of 18 years in my beloved small town. Then I spent 5 incredible years in another small town (minus the 4 months that I literally traveled the world-totally loved that, too). I found my best friends and my husband there, and I realized that my grandmother and mom's teaching genes were passed down to me after all.

The people, the accents, the slow way of life... I just love it.

I'm thankful for small towns.

No comments: