Pages

Thursday, June 7

dear married with children:

First and foremost, Happy birthday to my sweet sister Shelby, who is currently spreading the good news and living her dream in Africa.  We love and miss you Shelby, and hope you had a wonderful day!

After my post on baby fever, I received lots of different feedback, all of which was helpful.  The most common response was to wait awhile to start a family, and spend quality time with my husband.  I am certainly not against this idea, especially since we usually get our baby fill at church and with family. 

Speaking of baby fill at church, Devin was holding sweet baby Titus at church the other night and experienced what Titus' mom, Abbie, described as "the worst blowout of his life."  It was priceless.  There was poop on Devin's arm, on his shirt, and all over little Titus.  I really wish I could have snapped a photo of the horrified look on Devin's face once he realized that the wet sensation he was feeling wasn't drool.

Anywho, I know the obvious things implied by "spending quality time with the husband."  Stuff like sleep, and going to Target without packing for 30 minutes, and going to the late movie, and learning to live life together without adding more responsibility to the mix.

But my question to those who are married with kids is, are there specific things that we should experience during this time?  Any travel sites or books to read or goals to set?  We would love to know.  It could be a pre-kid bucket list, if you will.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, obviously I dont have kids, but Josh and I have always wanted to travel Europe which is kinda hard with kiddos. We decided to have that on our "list" before we start "trying". Together decide on y'alls own dreams and what you want to be able to do before little Stewarts are running around! It's different for each couple!