
My mom and I before the race. Up at 4am, at starting area by 6am, and crossed the starting line at 7:26am. Have a mentioned that my mom is a rockstar and ran the half marathon?!! I'm so incredibly proud of her!

After miles and miles of hills (literally), heat, and humidity, I crossed the finish line!! No, it wasn't super fast, but I don't care! And without a doubt I didn't do it alone. I was fortunate enough to run the first half with my mom, and spent most of the second half in prayer, asking God for strength, no injuries, and shade. I kid you not, more than once it seemed like clouds came out of no where and covered the sun just when I needed some relief. Coincidence? I think not :)

Have I mentioned that my mom, who didn't start running until about two years ago, ran 13.1 miles?!?! Such an inspiration!

Our beautiful, gold record medals!

We had the cutest fans cheering us on!

After the race, we headed back to Avery and Erica's to recoup. Later that evening, Meagan came out to visit and meet Grace! She even held her - such a growth moment! Haha

Sunday morning consisted of slow moving and praising God at church. Look at Miss Priss in her bonnet! So cute.

We really just can't get enough of that sweet baby. We are currently working on some nicknames. We have tried a few out so only time will tell which one will stick.

We even did some reading about farm animals- such a smart girl! Have I mentioned that she has been rolling over since 4 weeks? I'm not proud or anything :)

And with the abundance of photos, we made the poor baby so, so tired!

But good thing babies have a short memory - she was all smiles just a few seconds later!

It was a weekend full of blessings in all shapes and sizes. I cherish the short times that I get with my family... It always goes by so fast! Looking forward to the next time I see them with Bonni graduates!
1 comment:
Have I mentioned lately how amazing you are??? I am sooooooo proud of you and love you very much!!!
Post a Comment