Pages

Sunday, September 11

great man, great legacy


This past Tuesday, September 6th, my D-dad went to heaven to be with God.
He has had Alzheimer's disease for over six years now, and while we miss the amazing man that he was, we rejoice in the fact that his suffering is over and his memory is no longer gone!
Even though the reason wasn't the best, it was wonderful to be with my whole family for a few days.
It really really stinks being so far from all of them so it was a blessing to spend time with them, remembering D-dad and the quiet, Christian leader that he was.



September 6th also marked a month since Meg passed away.
You could easily say that it was a hard day for all of us.
It doesn't feel like it has been a whole month but yet again, I miss her so much so it feels like it has been forever since I have seen her and told her I love her.

I realize that death is apart of growing up.
For some people, it's apart of their life when they are very young.
Even though death is never easy, I do feel very blessed to be 23 and just now experiencing the loss of close loved ones.  My great-grandmother passed away when I was in 7th grade, and I was close to her as well, but she was 99 and very ready to meet her Father and be free of the worldly pain.  It made the loss a little bit easier.  She was a beautiful, God-fearing woman and I am so thankful for the many memories I have of her.


1 comment:

Mom said...

I love you!