Friday, my parents and I will be heading to Searcy so that we can hang out with Devin, help him pack up, and watch him graduate Saturday morning. I cannot wait because I am so proud of him. SO proud!
After graduation, Devin, Shelby (his sister), and I will make the 16 hour drive to Denver so that we can be with his family. Originally, I was going to head back to Graham to have one last week to finalize wedding stuff and spend with my family. However, at this time, it is important for us to be together with his family. I am definitely looking forward to being with them.
This means that life changes in a big way for me. I am moving to Colorado. Just typing that sentence gives me so many nerves its unreal. I just thought I would be more prepared, ya know? Like have a job and an apartment, and know what to do about drivers license and tests and stuff I don't know about.
I just know that no matter how scary or stressful the next year of my life will be, I have a few things to keep in mind.
1. God will be with me.
2. My purpose on earth is to bring others to Christ.
3. My time on earth is short and when it ends, everything I have worried about will be useless.
On a brighter note, I was watching How States Got Their Shapes a few weeks ago and I found out (even though I should have already known it) that the Republic of Texas included more land than the state of Texas has now. Take a look...
No, your eyes are not deceiving you.
The Republic of Texas included land in Colorado!!!
This news absolutely made my day.
Not only will I always be a Texan in my heart and mind, but I just might still be living in what once was Texas territory!
Now I will leave you with the song my family would sing every time we left the state.
(keep in mind, Avery and I were little then so it was cool to sing as a family)
"The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them,
At night, or early in the morn'.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,

3 comments:
LOVE it!!!!!
we are singing that song at your wedding. as you walk down the aisle. with choreography.
Colorado is way better :) And I am totally in Meg!!
Post a Comment