Pages

Sunday, April 10

dilemma

I am in desparate need of a new laptop.

I received this Dell for a graduation present when I graduated from High School in 2006.  Even though that was only 5 years ago, my computer is near death.  I can no longer use it as a laptop because the battery is so low that it must be plugged in to the wall (a power strip won't even work) at all times. 

I have been saving up for a laptop so I now have money to buy almost any laptop that I want.  The problem is that I have never made a purchase so big and I'm TERRIBLE at making decisions.

I have always thought that I wanted a mac.  BUT they are sooo expensive.  I don't really need a lot of bells and whistles.  I have heard a lot of bad things about Dell, and it doesn't help that my current dying laptop is a Dell.  So do you have any suggestions or helpful information on laptops?

2 comments:

Jennifer Hannigan said...

A Mac would last much longer than your Dell has, so it would be worth the extra money. That's just my two cents. (I'm terrible at decision making, too.)

Kelley said...

the Dell I also got when we graduated still works but, like yours, the battery doesn't hold at all and everything loads EXTREMELY slow! KISD issues all teachers a MacBook and I haven't had any problems with it in the 3 months I have been using it. I love that you don't get viruses!! haha. And also, my brother AND my parents both bought macs as their Christmas presents and they like them too.