Happy 300th post to me!
And to think, this all started with that one incredibly awesome semester in Greece over THREE years ago. No way. I miss that place like crazy!
Even though I will be turning 23, I can try to enjoy the fact that I look much younger than that.
Example 1: When Devin and I were checking out at a restaurant the other night, we were talking to the owner. Well, Devin was. Because he talks to everyone about everything. Again, we are polar opposites people. Anyway, Devin mentioned how we would be getting married and the owner told us we were too young. Devin, being the curious cat that he is, asked the man how old we look. The man said, " Well you are probably 25, but she is only 15 or 16."
Example 2: My first day at my second placement (at a High School) was spent just observing. A ninth grade boy walks in and asks, "Did we get a new student?!"
People tell me to take it as a compliment because I will love it when I get older.
We shall see.
In other news, we have picked a photographer, a bridesmaid dress, sent the save the dates, booked a violinist, and began working with Melissa on the invitation design. We still need to pick a groomsmen tux, talk to the officiants, start premarital counseling, figure out the deal with the marriage license, and register.
Speaking of registering, I need suggestions.
Where are good places to register?
What places should we stay away from?
Anything specific that we absolutely need to register for?
Anything you haven't ever used that you thought you would?
Have a blessed weekend :)
1 comment:
I know the pain of looking much younger than you are. There's a lady at Scott's work who calls me his "child bride" because she thought I was 16. When I student taught the seventh grade, one of my students told me he thought I was a new student at first but then realized I probably wasn't because I was wearing a scarf. "Seventh graders don't wear scarves," he said.
Post a Comment