Pages

Tuesday, November 9

my drug

I'm sure you have all heard of the infamous Starbucks.  If you haven't, well, you live in a dark hole, my friend.
It is the most popular coffeehouse in America, I would say.  And rightly so, I'm sure.

However, here at school, we have what we like to call "DCB" (declining credit balance).  It's an account set up for each student--don't worry, we still pay for it.  With it, we can go to any food/drink place on campus and simply swipe our student id.  This can be a problem though, especially when forced out into the real world I'm sure, because it doesn't hurt.  Everytime I use my dcb, I feel no loss of money.  Only gain of yummy coffee.  It feels like I just am entitled to coffee everyday without payment (when in all actuality, I'm paying for coffee with interest on top of it).

The coffee places available here, one in the student center and one in the library, are called Java City.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm just used to it, but at this point in my life, I think Java City tastes better than Starbucks.  My drug of choice as of late?  The Great Pumpkin Latte - soy with a little whip cream.  : )

2 comments:

Patrick Hawkins said...

I think it tastes better too!

Mom said...

You are too funny!!