Even though I already missed the first day, I have decided this year to participate in the NaBloPoMo event. Bacically, you just have to blog every day this month. We'll see how it goes...
November 1
I am so blessed. As I come closer and closer to entering "the real world," I realize just how good I have it. My parents are the most hard working and giving people I know. Because of them, my school and rent (along with countless other things..literally I am dependent and ever so grateful) are being paid for. Entering college, I just assumed this was the case for everyone. Over time, I have learned that MOST college students pay their own way, whether it be multiple jobs getting them by or pulling out student loan after student loan. This became a huge reality last Monday when I found out my fiance will be graduating Harding with $100,000 dollars in debt. Eeek. Naturally, I was overwhelmed and could only hear Satan's words,causing me to panic. Then after awhile of "being still," I heard: He got to go to Greece. I needed him at Harding so he could grow into the man and leader I am planned for him to be. Without that debt, you wouldn't have met him. Wow - reality check. God provides always...period.
November 2
So you probably saw my engagement ring from my previous post and noticed that it isn't much like every other ring that you see these days. Well, it's true. It was my great-grandmother's engagement ring! My great-granddad bought it in March of 1923, a week before they got married. It is all completely original. The best part..I didn't even know it existed! I was so surprised...and not in a good way at first - haha. Like I am totally not a gold fan AT ALL so when Devin opened up the ring box and I saw the gold on this ring, I was thinking, "You don't know me at all!" He then quickly let me know it was my great-grandmothers and it was like a complete 180--I started bawling and just kept saying,"Are you serious?!"
It was absolutely perfect!
1 comment:
Love you baby girl!!!!
Post a Comment