Pages

Friday, June 11

Betty Crocker. Made a cake.

I have been in Denver for a little over a week now and I have already made the following:
-spaghetti with meatballs and garlic bread
-deep fried pickles and jalapenos
-homemade apple pies
-marinated steak and vegetables
(I think there is one more thing but I can't remember at the moment)
This just makes me happy.  The best part?  Devin and I did it all together.  And it was so much fun!

I don't start working until next week so I have been doing...well, nothing.  One day, all I did until Devin got home was laundry and a Saved by the Bell marathon.  On top of having nothing to do and not being able to go shopping (lack of money), the cable and internet was out for 3 days.  Even though my "easily bored, can't really relax and just watch tv" personality is going crazy, I am trying my best to soak in these days because I am sure in a few weeks, when I am working from 9 am to 9 pm, I will want these days back.

I still haven't cut my hair yet. I am shocked, to be completely honest.  I am just terrified that someone will mess it up and then I will have to spend 2 years growing it out again.  I need to find someone good.  In Denver.  Before I take matters into my own hands. Bahaha - let's be real.  I'm not THAT desperate...we all remember the 5th grade "identa-kid picture" incident.  Well, I remember anyway.  One inch long bangs aren't cute, in case you were wondering.

Found out yesterday that Devin was 8 lbs, 4 oz when he was born, as was I.  That would be one of the very few things we have in common.  At first, this scared me.  But now, I'm loving our differences.  The crazy thing is...Dillon, Devin's little brother, and I are SO in common its scary.  We both hate sticky things.  We both had/have Osgood Slaughters disease.  We like sports.  We are introverts, perfectly happy spending an evening alone in our room.  And that is just the beginning.  I really do believe God has a sense of humor.  I remember a week after Devin and I first started talking I told him that it wasn't going to work out because we were so different.  Honestly, I was just scared.  And the rest is history...

(I have always wanted to say that.  So don't make fun.  I basically had to say it.)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Okay, so remind me of the 5th grade incident...

Lauren said...

chopped my bangs off at school. then had to take a picture for some i.d. thing. lol