Pages

Tuesday, April 27

13.1

This past weekend was the HALF MARATHON WEEKEND!!
Here we are at the Expo picking up our race numbers, Friday, the day before the race
 Posing for the finish line
 A Runner's prayer
 Heading to the start line - 6:00 am Saturday
 Getting ready - they started the race 15 minutes early!
 At Mile 6 - SO happy to see my family!
 Mile 10 - Even more excited to see my family because I wasn't expecting to see them until after the race.
 Reunited after the race - I am so proud of Kelcy.  She has really come along way!  She had never even ran a mile until her Sophomore year in college!
 Right after we finished, the storm hit and it started pouring!  We sat underneath the Titan's football stadium for shelter.
Devin was a great supporter and photographer that day!
 
 WE DID IT!
 I'm sure you will agree with me when I say I have the best parents EVER.  I mean, out of ALL of my volleyball games, basketball games, track meets, football games, and pep rallies, I cannot think of a single game or event that they missed.  I am constantly shown love by how supportive and encouraging they are!  I love you Tom Tom and Jillian!
Overall, it was an AMAZING experience and I can't wait to sign up for my next race.  God truly blessed us with perfect weather, Erica's Dad (who got us to the start line on time), safety in traveling, and healthy bodies before, during, and after the race.
Some of my favorites from the weekend:
-My favorite sign I saw along the way said, "Relax, you're not gona win - but you're all winners!"
-During the race, I passed a girl that was in my club when she went to Harding.  It was a quick but exciting reunion.
-I saw a shirt that said "26 miles on my 26th birthday"...hmmm that's a good idea!  I have 4 years to get ready!
-I also saw a very elderly man running the full marathon with a shirt that said "I ran 65 miles in one day".  He was pretty much shuffling but it brought tears to my eyes - beautiful determination.

Its dead week.  I have a paper and a teaching unit to come up with.  Then finals.  Then home for a weekend.  Then intersesh.  Then home.  Then Denver.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It was an amazing weekend and so are you!! I wouldn't have missed for anything!