It's that time again. Time for overly excited reunions, ring ceremonies, expensive books, early classes, front lawn swings, club functions and sports, dorm pranks, and endless memories with the best people. I'm SO happy to be back! I have missed this place (and the people, of course) so much! My dad and I arrived in Searcy around 4 on Thursday with no car trouble whatsoever (praises!). An 8 hour drive is long enough but when you get a flat tire, it makes it much, much longer. When I pulled up to my dorm (Searcy Hall), the very first person I see is Kelcy, bestie friend and roommate. I won't go in to detail w/ the whole moving in process because everyone knows how much fun that can be, especially when you are on the first floor and the humidity outside is like rediculous. Shout out to my dad who was such a trooper. Not only did he move me in, he also helped my friends move their stuff in. I just love him and I'm so thankful that he came to help! Searcy Hall is a dorm but its apartment style rooms. So Kelcy and I have our own room, but then we share a living room, kitchen, and bathroom with our suitemates Alana and Kayleigh. I'm not gonna lie, it's pretty sweet. The only problem we have run into is storage, especially in the kitchen. There is like 2 small cabinets....and all 4 of us brought kitchen supplies, plus there is no pantry for our food. Any suggestions? Last night was the hypnotist night. Okay, you probably dont know about that. Well, every year for impact (fish camp or whatever you like to call the thing for freshmen), Harding brings a hynotist for entertainment one of the nights. SO FUNNY. Like seriously, it's by far the best entertainment I've ever seen. Most students that aren't freshmen try to be back for the hypnotist because they remember how great it was. For instance, one of his little "tricks" was to suggest to this guy (who happened to be like a body builder) that he was a very feminine person named princess. Immediately, the guy crossed his legs, then hopped up and starting skipping and prancing around the stage. And this is a guy who could probably bench press 350 lbs. Anyone, I wish I could show you a video or something because its hard to explain how funny it is. The hypnotist's name is Dale K. You should google him. In other news, I've seen a few of my Greece friends around campus and it is such a great feeling! Its like seeing a long, lost family member! And i'm way excited because tonight we are having our first HUG reunion!
Well thats it for now. Hopefully I'll post soon with pictures of my new home and this place that I love. Have a blessed day and thank God for it!
1 comment:
Pam told me about the letter you wrote to Bonni. It meant lots to Pam and Bonni both. You are such a wonderful friend and example! You constantly make me proud! I love you and miss you already!!! Be sure and keep up with this blog--it keeps me connected to you!!
Post a Comment