Pages
Tuesday, July 1
Wedding Weekend!
This past weekend I went to Houston with my family to wedding celebration of Britt Spivey and Autumn (Bluhm) Spivey. First off, this was my very first time to go to Houston. I find it a little crazy that I went to Africa and Europe before Houston, but I guess thats just how it goes! Anyway, I am apparently allergic to Houston. Literally. Not really sure why, maybe it has something to do with the climate and the fact that it rains a lot there. But no worries, I quickly got some wonderful medicine from the infamous Walgreens and the allergies didn't bother me much after that. We arrived at our hotel in Houston Thursday afternoon with no detours (thanks to Gabby, our gps thing. Yes, we named her). That evening, myself, Breann, and Bonni Jo met Britt, Matt, and some of their friends at the Astros/Rangers game. I'm not a big baseball fan (definitely rather be watching football) but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately, the Rangers lost. The best part of the night, however, was just about to begin! We had all decided to go eat at Chili's when the game was over, which was cool and all, but somehow, our car (me, bre, and bonni) got left in the parking lot, not knowing which way to go. We did have Gabby with us but since we didn't know which Chili's (there were like 8 within a 5 mile radius) and since none of the guys were answering their phones, we were confused. So Bre just started driving around downtown Houston. I can not even begin to tell you how funny this was. I mean, I basically laughed for the whole hour we were lost. Every street was one way and there was lots of traffic because of the game. We were almost running red lights (we didn't though, don't worry) and at one point, we were even driving on tracks for the metro. We finally got ahold of the boys, met up with them, and followed them to the Chili's, which had been patiently waiting for us (we got there after it closed, but they were kind enough to feed us). The next day was the dress rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, both fun, sweet, and entertaining. All the decorations were just amazing! I also got to take a trip to the mall that day and saw many cool things but the one place I remember the most is "Ju Go Juice," a smoothie shop. For all of you Harding people, you understand what I mean when I say how crazy it was to find a place with that name AND the fact that the colors of the sign were purple and white!! I mean, what are the odds! On June 28, Saturday, Britt and Autumn were finally married, and everything was just so perfect! From the music to the dress to reception, everything went smoothly and you could tell that it was the day that they had dreamed of and waited for. Even Pam got to walk down to an Elvis song, which I'm sure she loved. One thing I'm sure Autumn wasn't expecting was when the preacher asked if anyone had any objections to the marriage, every single groomsmen raised their hand in unison. It was too funny! And it was very fitting that Britt and Autumn ran through a big sign as they left the reception while people were cheering and clapping and whistling and ringing bells (both are Kines majors). All in all, it was just a beautiful day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment