Oh Arkansas...How I have missed thee, let me count the ways:
1. The Harding Track: many hours spent there and its so good to get back to it!
2. Being outside: Kelcy, the best roommate ever, and I went to Riverside Sunday afternoon. We explored (the whole time I was completely paranoid of snakes), then found a spot to read. After that, we played basketball until our court was taken over by a group that wanted to play soccer ( I guess our court had the best soccer field quality because they had 5 other courts to choose from). Sooooo we played softball for awhile, then went to the track for a work out. It was probably one of the best days I've had in Searcy!
3. Hillbillies: Although the appearrance of Walmart has changed, the people definitely have not. Camo and more camo everywhere!!!
4. Well I could go on and on but all this to say its good to be back in Searcy, even if it is for intersession. I'm taking foundations of kinesiology (ew) but it seems to be fairly easy. AND we get to volunteer for the state special Olympics next Friday!!! I'm so excited! The special Olympics is probably one of my favorite sporting events. Those athletes are just incredible...they seriously never give up and they are so encouraging!
I'm only here for about 2 weeks, then its back to good ole Graham TX. As much as I love it, that place can get pretty boring sometimes. But I have a few ideas for the summer that I'm very excited about!!! SUMMER OF SERVICE 2008!!!! Any ideas?!?!?
3 comments:
Oh how I remember the Harding track, Intercession, wonderful roommates, and the good ole' Searcy Walmart. For entertainment we always said that if we were broke then we could go watch the hillbillies late at night. Wow..and people think that the Graham Wal-Mart is bad!
I have your DP's for you! They will be waiting for you when you pull into Cracker Town! Give everyone at Harding a big hug for me. Is Clara Carroll still there in the education department? I love that lady!
You can do any kind of service you want here at the house this summer...
Glad you got the basket. I promised those good ole' DP's and wanted to have them waiting on you when you got back to Graham. Good luck with the rest of Intercession!
Oh..I think your roommate's sister interviewed for our children's ministry position last week. Small world isn't it?
Post a Comment