I can certainly say I've been blessed. As if the past semester of my life (basically an amazing dream now) wasn't enough, intersession (thats how Harding Library spells it) has been wonderful. I'm taking foundations of Kinesiology...we have been exploring careers in Kines and studying history of sports (including Greece's role and the Olympics...of course it was special to me). After class, I walk back to the apartment, grab a salad and head to the library to do my homework (foreign concept for me...doing homework when the sun is still out). At around 3, Kelcy and I head to the GAC wellness center to workout then to the track for a great run. I go back to the apartment where I eat dinner with Avery and Erica, then waste my life away watching Television (what can I say, I gotta make up for the last four months). It a simple and perfect way of life. I'm soaking up this experience as much as I can...because even though I dont graduate for another 3 years (ew), I realize that time goes by much faster than I think it does. I'm three years away from providing for myself and being out on my own with...a job. A JOB! Who knows what job! But I am definitely okay with that...the "not knowing" part is kind of exciting now.
Wednesday night Kelcy and I had a picnic dinner at Berryhill Park and decided to have our own devo. We read thru the first 5 chapters of Romans, discussing things that stood out to us the most or things that really touched us. It was starting to get dark but right before we could leave, a man on a bike strolled by and kindly asked how we were. At this point, I had already put my guard up. He was a little awkward and I think he might have had a mental or learning disability. He was probably in his 30s. We said good and asked him the same. He saw our Bibles and commented on the "good book." Still not sure of what to do, Kelcy smoothly kept conversation up and invited him to read with us. She read some of the sermon on the mount and asked if he had any favorite verses. He said John 3:16. We prayed with Charlie and exchanged goodbyes. First of all, I have to say that I am so incredibly blessed to be such good friends with Kelc. She can be crazy sometimes and a true hippie at heart, but she is such a spiritual role model in more ways than she will ever know. She handled the situation with Charlie perfectly! I know that if it was just me sitting at that picnic table, I would have been too scared to say much at all. Secondly, isn't it amazing that God can bless your life and lift your spirits by someone else who hungers for God's word?! I have no doubt in my mind that Kelcy and I were still sitting there when Charlie happened to come by. I pray that we impacted his life, but I know for a fact that he impacted ours. So pray for Charlie. That he will come to know Christ and keep searching for God's word.
I hope everyone has an amazing week! love to all!
2 comments:
I, too, am glad you found Kelcy. But you are an amazing young lady yourself, you know!!! I think kinis could be quite a ministry for you in quite a lot of ways, if you think about it...
I love you and am always proud of you!!
What a neat story! My roommate was the same way as Kelcy and I am still so blessed by her. Enjoy the rest of Intercession!
Post a Comment