May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed psalm 20:4
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" jeremiah 29:11
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me psalm 138:8
Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails proverbs 19:21
But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness proverbs 14:22
But the noble man makes noble plans, and by noble deeds he stands isaiah 32:8
Sometimes I feel like the only thing I do is plan. Plan free travel, plan fall 2008 class schedule, plan a time for this and that, and ultimately plan my future (of course, the way I would prefer it to happen). I start to feel overwhelmed and out of control because there is sooo much to think about. These verses remind me of a few things.
1. My life is not my own (I am mine no more). Jesus Christ suffered a cruel death on a cross to save me and I owe every part of my being to serve him daily.
2. I can make oodles of plans for my future, but no matter what actually does happen, it happens for a reason = God's divine purpose.
3. God is in control. I have no right to worry about silly plans when I know he is taking care of it. He wants me to delight in him and he'll give me the desires of my heart (psalm 37:4). He wants the best for me and he loves to see me happy.
I'm going to suggust a book that my amazing roommate introduced me to. It is somewhat of a children's book, but I absolutely love it. It is called "God thinks You're Wonderful" by Max Lucado. Please please please check it out!!!
Just a reminder on how to comment on my blog for new readers:
if you scroll to the bottom of a post, it will say "confessions by lauren at 8:30" then to the right of that it says "warm fuzzies". Click on that and it will take you to the page where you can type your comment. Okay, so once the page is up, there is a box on the right hand side that you click in and type your comment. Then right below that is a box with a bunch of letters/numbers. You have to type in that combination into the given space. Then scroll down to where it says "choose an identity". Choose the one that says name/url - once you have picked that one, a slot to type your name should pop up. OR there is also a choice of "anonymous" and you can pick that one as well (just don't forget to put your name in the comment!) Thank you so much! I love hearing from all of you!
3 comments:
If you can always remember that God has it all taken care of for you, life is sooooo much happier!!! He even has your "man" picked out and will reveal him on his own time. Let go and let God! I love you!
Jeremiah 29:11 is one of my favorite verses! So is Phil 4:13. And to answer your question to me....no it is not crazy and just know that you are hired anytime that you want to take my kids to HS Musical. ha!
you're awesome and I love you. thanks for reminding me of the important things and where my focus needs to be.
Post a Comment