April Fools Day started officially at 12 am last night...and we didn't hesitate to start the pranks! First we tied shoe strings together with one shoe at the very end of it and lowered it down to the room below us. We would swing it back and forth so the shoe would tap the balcony door. We did this SEVERAL times but they never even came out of their room to check on it! So we decided to prank Ashton (as always). Before I tell the story, you might want to go read her version on her blog because I'm sure its hilarious. Okay, so Ashton was already asleep by like 12 and we had to wait a little while so the story would be believable. At 2:30, Lacey (Ashton's roommate) got in her bed and pretended to be sleeping. I went into the room and woke them up, telling Ashton that they over slept for the sunrise devo (we had to explain somehow why it was still dark outside). At first she refused to go, but I reassured her that everyone was waiting downstairs to head to the beach. She freaked out and made very funny comments like "I've never heard of this in my entire life" and "I don't like God this early in the morning" and when asked if she was taking her bible, she said "You can't even see anything anyways" in a sassy tone. She got dressed and walked into the hall, where we all yelled APRIL FOOLS! IT was the best prank so far! AND we got it on video.
Today was Service day around the Artemis...and I LOVED it. My group got to plant flowers and pull weeds and plan tree things...to my surprise, it was sOOOO much fun! (that's right mom, I'm a planter now). I had mud everywhere...all over my clothes, on my face, in between my toes, and it was AWESOME. The weather was absolutely perfect - blue skies, cool breeze, and bright sunshine. It was really nice to take a break from class and do some manuel labor. Some groups had projects around the Artemis and others went around Porti Rafti, picking up trash and such.
And to top of the day, the store had avocados so I'm making guacamole for us...makes me feel like I'm back in the great
2 comments:
I guess I have to give credit where its due and ya'll got me good. I am a pretty easy target it seems. Haha! I know it's just b/c ya'll love me so much! The more the effort, the greater the love!
Boy, do I have some things for you to do outside!!!--really!!! I will save some of the planting for when you come home. I can't wait for you to come and make us your famous guac!!! I love you!!!
Tell Ashton I'm sorry...you get it from your father...
Post a Comment