As my title says, I am very good! Life is getting SO crazy but I gotta say, I'm loving it! I can't believe that I have less than a month in this place I've called home for the last 3 months! Only one more Sunday of riding on a bus and the metro for 2 hours to get into Athens, shopping in the Plaka, and having worship with the church at Omonia Square. Only one more week of studying,tests, and reading rediculous amounts of history (okay, so I didn't actually end up reading much of it). Only 2 weeks until the Aegean cruise (and I turn 20...oh my goodness, TWENTY. sick). AND only 3 weeks til free travel = Berlin, Salzburg, Venice, Rome, Bern, Interlaken, Barcelona, Paris, Dublin, and Amsterdam.
Yesterday, a group of girls went into Athens early to celebrate Dani's birthday at TGIFridays. It was VERY yummy and worth the money. We then walked to the Olympic stadium to see the torch lighting and the passing of the Olympic flame to China. It was by far the best cultural experience I've had here. It wasn't too crowded to my surprise so we easily found seats. First the soldiers in their white, fluffy, short skirted uniforms marched in followed by the Hellenic Philharmonic band. Then the Greek and Chinese Flags were carried in by what we think might have been athletes (they were in blue and white track suits). The band played both national anthems and it was so cool to hear all the Greek people singing, loud and proud. Next was the entrance of the President of Greece (no wonder there were TONS and TONS of security there). I think its funny that I saw the Greek President in real life before I see the Pres back home in real life! The runner came in with the torch, lit the big torch, the Chinese representatives lit their torch (and put some of it in a lantern for the plane ride lol), and they exited. We decided to leave at this point to avoid crowd madness...we ended up walking back with the funny looking soldiers...so of course, we couldn't help but mimic their awkward march and take pictures ALL the way back to Syntagma square.
I'm going to do my best to keep blogging but I have sooooo much on my schedule right now! (I dont think my life functions unless its this way). I hope every one has a great day! I love and miss you all! God Bless!
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
I'm going to do my best to keep blogging but I have sooooo much on my schedule right now! (I dont think my life functions unless its this way). I hope every one has a great day! I love and miss you all! God Bless!
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18
2 comments:
I'll bet Danielle never forgets this birthday either!!! Awesome! I love how Ashton said you could hear the soldiers breathing. Do you think you were a little close, maybe? lol
I love you!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Now I truly am jealous of you...how cool to be at an Olympic torch lighting. Enjoy every last second! Love, Xan
Post a Comment