so I decided that blogging by day was taking WAY too long. So I'll just sum up the rest of the trip:
Sunday Feb.3rd - Temple of Edfu (at 6am), amazing worship on the boat (very emotional for everyone), afternoon on the deck, learned hieroglyphics from Osman, and egyptian night (on my previous egypt post, i said it was egyptian night but that night was actually captains night - we just got dressed up and looked nice)
Osman sayings: "Do you have your whispers with?"
"What are we going to do?"
"Men are tea pots and women are coffee pots."
"Jake...I will slap you the biggest slap of your life!"
"River Nile"
"Would you like some ice cream?"
Monday Feb. 4th - Valley of the Kings ( yes, I went inside KING TUTS TOMB - wasn't all that cool but hey, I can now say I've been inside it), Queen Hatshepsut's temple (serious blonde moment here but I'm not going to make myself look dumb), valley of the workers, an alabaster shop (I got 2 free alabaster rocks but then of course, the guy asked for money), Karnak temple (where I circled the scarab 5 times, meaning I'll get married...RIGHT), a perfume shop which was way cool...they could make any perfume you wanted them to, and Luxor temple - the highlight of the trip. Here it is believed that Moses was taught from an early age. We sang songs on the side of the columns where MOSES once sat and learned and walked and talked. took a night train back "home" or Cairo.
Tuesday Feb. 5th - arrived in Cairo around 5 am, had HUGE breakfast at Osman's apartment with his family (they even had cheesecake), 3 hr drive to Alexandria (no other HUG group hasn't gotten to go here), saw the largest catacomb and pompey's pillar, ate bupper at McDonalds (once again, I was WAY excited about it), spent time by an old presidential palace and park (we decided it would be HUM - Harding University on the Mediterranean...it was right by the ocean), some bargain shopping next to one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, Alexandria's lighthouse (which was destroyed a long time ago), and rode in a horse carriage back to the heart of the city (have you ever merged into packed car/bus traffic in a horse drawn carriage?), a long 3 hr drive back, and many tearful goodbyes to Osman.
Wednesday Feb. 6th - FLY HOME, I mean to Porto Rafti
2 comments:
What an awesome trip!!! I checked out a video about Egypt and am learning about all of those places you mentioned. It is really neat!!! I love you!!
I want to know the blonde moment...since they are so rare...
Post a Comment