Pages

Tuesday, February 12

My Hero

So I decided to take a break from blogging about egypt because it was like a week ago lol. Just to update you, it was very nice to get settled back in the Artemis (just for mom, I won't call it home). However, about half of us got sick...it probably just started out with one person, but because we were so worn out and tired, it was passed easily. I'm finally getting better and I just have a little cough left! Saturday was the most relaxed day I have had in awhile...we had school (yes, on a Saturday) but then Me, Lacey, Dani and Melissa decided to have a movie marathon day!! So we watched Princess Diaries 2, Center Stage, and Hook while drinking lots of hot tea and eating the best pizza I've had since we left the states! Thursday we are taking our first trip to the mall in Athens...would have been tomorrow but the transportation is on strike or something, so it was just a better option for Thursday. Most exciting news: Since our HUG group is blessed with leap year day, we have a free weekend open. SOOO this means we get to take a mini free travel!! We have many options and the only limit is money. Some guys are even going to Moscow, Russia for the weekend!! I think a few of us are looking at either Italy or skiing in Delphi. Either way, I'm WAY excited about it! It will give us a small taste of what free travel will be like!

So I guess the main reason I'm blogging is to have a belated birthday shout out to my amazing dad. At lunch today, we were talking about (don't know how we started talking about it) being domesticated and how some guys expect girls to know how to cook and clean and do everything that a perfect "wife" should do. Then someone made the comment that its not like we girls expect guys to know how to do everything that they typically do....So I started thinking. And I realized how spoiled I have been with having my dad. If you looked up "Mr. Fix It" in the dictionary, I'm sure you would find his name right beside it! I don't think there has ever been anything he couldn't fix or a problem he couldn't solve. He is the ultimate handy man! I realize that this is only a little reason of why I love him so much... trust me, there are many more reasons I could give. But for your sake and mine (and the fact that I'm typing this blog in the computer room and I really don't want to cry in front of 10 other people), I'm just going to sum him up with the word HERO. because that is exactly what he is! I love you Daddy! Happy Birthday!!!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, Lauren...this is such a sweet post! I know that your sweet daddy misses you bunches, too! I'm so thankful for wonderful, God fearing fathers! Happy Birthday to your Dad!!

Anonymous said...

If you go skiing...don't break a leg...lol!! There are a few reasons we need to keep your daddy around, huh?? We miss you!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Missy Lou, I was thinking
about Graham for your mini travel.
Mikey and I were talking about skiing just the other day, if you go think about us and watch the
snow boards!! Love you and miss you!!!!