Pages

Wednesday, January 23

Acropolis

Today we had our first on sight class, aka we toured a bunch of really cool places and wrote a bunch of really interesting notes and took a bunch of really sweet pictures...needless to say, I'm pretty tired from the trip, not to mention sore from yesterdays 3 mile run for conditioning class. We arrived at the Acropolis in Athens around 9 and began touring...we had a great tour guide, Katarina, and she definitely knew her stuff! She told us allllll about the parthenon, the erechtheion, porch of maidens, etc. Then we went to Mars Hill, which is where it mentions in the bible that Paul gave his famous speech of the "unknown god" (Acts 17). After Mr. Griffith read the passage, we were given time to just reflect on our own and soak up the view before we headed down to lunch. It was in a small village in Plaka (tiny streets, people on the street selling, the usual). I can't remember the name of the restuarant but they did very good to feed 50 people so well in such a short amount of time!! And by the way, as you know, I am a very picky eater but I have been trying my best to branch out and try things...for the most part, I like it. However, things like cheese pie (ya, cheese and pie should NEVER go together) I just couldn't hide my distaste. After lunch we walked to the forum, agora (which had a museum in it), and the temple of Hephaistos which was very beautiful because it was restored so well. And our last stop on the way home was at a replica stadium of the olympic stadium.

I have so much homework for tonight and much needed rest so I may not have pictures up for awhile! love to all and God bless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your entries and love to look at your pictures BUT please do not feel obligated to do it every day if it interferes with homework or school. You can always catch up later. It sounds like a great day!!! I love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Cheese pie? You are your daddy's daughter...

Jenn said...

Yikes! I totally remember the food over there...I think that I lost a few pounds on our adventures, although I did learn to like the lamb....it was different, but after a while it grew on me. Picky eaters, unite!! I'm with you...cheese and pie...not a match!!