2014 was BY FAR my favorite year to date.
God blessed us with a little boy, fulfilling a lifelong dream of mine to be a mommy.
Words can't describe the joy I have experienced. I mean, how is it that a tiny human who
will. not. sleep.
can make me instantly and insanely happy just by his goofy, toothless grin?
God's genius design of the parent/child relationship boggles my mind.
Being a parent (in my vast experience of 5 months) has opened my eyes in appreciation to many things. It has challenged me and scared me. It has made me vulnerable and it has made me bold. It has given me a desire to be completely selfless in regards to my son, while on the other hand, it has given me "mama-bear" emotions that are sometimes hard to squash.
While all of these have been a blessing, I do feel like I have become a different person. Things that I used to care about just aren't a big deal anymore. I know what you're thinking - everyone says that.
"My house is always dirty."
"I have a million things to get done."
"I never have time to do x,y,z."
And it's true to some degree that I will never be the person I was before I became a mom. However, I feel it is possible to close the gap with some effort on my part. To stop wishing and wanting things to happen, and just get it done.
In 2015, I want to be a doer.
An achiever. A woman of action. A risk-taker. A busy person.
I want to look at every day as the blessing that it is, and make the most of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment