Meet my new favorite person...
Casey Michael Stewart
Born July 21, 2014 at 1:10 pm
7 lbs, 3 oz and 20 inches long
This has been the longest, best, most difficult, quickest month of my life. That all sounds contradictory, but if you've ever had a baby, I'm pretty sure you get me.
We've had some great moments:
Hearing his first cry, swinging on the porch swing (which he LOVES), lots of snuggles, a few purposeful smiles, rolling over at 2.5 weeks, gaining weight (more on that later), and just getting to hang out with him. I might be biased, but he is pretty much the best thing ever.
We've also had some obstacles. Breastfeeding has been a marathon of difficulties that include jaundice, pain, trouble latching (he was fine the first 10 days of his life, then boom),and low milk supply. Because of all this, he just wasn't gaining very much weight. When we were discharged from the hospital, he was 6 lbs 11 oz. At his two week appointment, he weight 6 lbs 13.5 oz. No one else was uber-concerned, but as his momma and his only source of nutrients, I was frustrated and disappointed. With the help of the White County Lactation Consultant, as well as my sister-in-law (who should be a LC), mom, and the good Lord above, I'm happy to say he is now steadily gaining weight! He still has some trouble latching every now and then, but it is so, so, SO worth it.
Some things I don't want to forget:
-One way I can calm him when he is really upset is to walk briskly around the house. I like to think that this has something to do with the fact that I walked a lot (as "exercise") when I was pregnant with him.
-Every one comments on two things: His copious amount of hair and his strength. The hair is definitely something he got from momma, although when I was born, I had a full head of black hair. There is still no telling what the color will end up being. He is a strong little boy! He was holding his head up by day 2, and he kicks and punches with the best of 'em.
I'm so incredibly thankful for the precious boy that God has put under our care. Continue to pray for us as we figure out this "parent" thing.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment