Our home was originally built in 1940, then added on to in 1970(ish). It certainly has it's older tendencies, but we love it! Finally a place to call our own. It is such a blessing and I can't wait to make lots of memories there in the future.
This is the front room, formal living room, or living room. We haven't quite decided on what to call each room! I absolutely love this room though. The floors, the mantle, the light fixture, the front door. I just love it all.
This view is from a kitchen doorway. The front living room on the right, formal dining room center, and den to the left. Somehow we lucked out and got TWO fireplaces! One is real and one is gas. I guess both are real fire, but I just consider the fireplaces where you actually burn wood to be real.
So this picture quality is certainly not as good as the photos Rod Cuellar took for us, but when Devin was out of town for business, I decided to surprise him by painting the dining room (don't worry, we had both agreed we liked the color way before he left). He loved it! And even though it was terrifying, I'm glad we went for it because I love it, too!
This is a view of the den, standing in the door way of the formal dining room. In the background is our breakfast nook/where we actually eat dinner.
Opposite view of the den, standing in the breakfast nook. Even though the wood paneling is not ideal (hello, 70s!), it is at least real wood. It will possibly be painted one day.
Kitchen and breakfast nook in the background. LOTS of cabinets, most of which I can't reach. Ha! I think Devin should build one of those sliding ladders. You know, like in Beauty and the Beast. Also, we now have all black appliances with stainless steel handles! They are perfect and beautiful, and I couldn't be more happy about them. Somehow, I don't have a picture of them, but take my word for it- They look awesome. Major thanks to Tommy and Jill :)
Kitchen view from the breakfast nook. The doorway on the left is to the dining room, and the doorway on the right is to a hallway.
Guest bathroom. There is no shower. Hope our guests like baths :)
Guest bedroom #1
Guest bedroom #2
Side door to carport - the entrance we use almost always.
This is the master bedroom, which will be painted soonish. I do love the windows!
Master bathroom, complete with baby blue tile....everywhere.
If you were to come visit us right now, it wouldn't look much different from these "pre-move in" photos. We just don't have NEAR enough stuff (which is kind of a good thing) to begin to fill this place up. I'm sure it will happen sooner or later. Until then, I need to work on unpacking the things that we do have. I fight it - I know how I want everything to look in my head, but I'm scared to try and get it that way. I need a push. Mom, where are you?
Tomorrow marks our 1 month anniversary in our first home, as well as my half birthday! Here's to ownership and 25 and a half.












No comments:
Post a Comment