I HAVE A JOB!
A full-time, in my field of study, elementary PE job!
It has been quite a journey to get to this point with lots of ups and downs in the last two months.
But we are SO thankful.
The good Lord has heard our prayers and has blessed us once again! I'll admit, it was scary at times, knowing that we had stepped out on faith to move to Arkansas without jobs. But God has provided directly, as well as put some pretty incredible people in our lives who have helped us tremendously.
I don't know too many details so I don't have much information to share, but I can say that I will be working in the Cabot Public School District. I briefly met the superintendent the other day, who was a PE guy himself, and after speaking with him (and getting completely intimidated), I learned that Cabot has high standards for PE, and because of this, they have only hired 2 people for PE in the last SIX years. Cue insane nervousness. Cabot is about 30 minutes from Searcy. The drive is all highway (zero traffic!) though, so it won't be bad at all. I'm still in quite a bit of shock. After having what seems like so much time between graduating with a degree and actually getting to put it to use, it still isn't very real that I get to teach PE. Elementary PE, at that! We are so excited.
I also love that as my mom has ended her {official} teaching career, I am beginning mine. It just seems so fitting since I have always looked up to her and wanted to be in the teaching profession because of her. Let's be honest, she will never stop teaching, and I'm so grateful for that.
Another big milestone in the "grown up" category!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Just read this and the post after it! Wow! God is good! Can't wait to see pictures of your little home and to hear about teaching! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment