I have an interview on Thursday for a position that actually fits my degree!
Not only does it fit my degree, but it is my top choice of job positions within my Kinesiology degree - K-6 Physical Education.
I am trying really hard to not get my hopes up (a little late for that). It is rare that these positions open up, especially in a small town. Once a PE teacher finds an elementary gym to work in, they typically don't leave until they retire. Although there are 5 or 6 of these gyms within driving distance, they all have great teachers with great programs who aren't goin' no where. :) I don't blame them.
As of yesterday morning when I turned my application in, there were twenty-five applicants, some in-house. I was called a few hours later to set up an interview, which will be Thursday. I would love your prayers for this process.
I'm finally finding some peace about the whole "what does God want me to do with my life" thing. I realized that HE is control (duh), but that means that He really is in control of everything. It is my job to be prepared and honest and give my best efforts for the interview, but beyond that, I know that if I don't get the job, it just wasn't God's plan for me. And even though that will certainly be a let down, it is comforting to know that I'm always watched over and taken care of by an awesome God.
1 comment:
Hello! Hey, did you know kinesiology was my major?! How funny! I hope your interview goes well tomorrow! Fun to find each other in the blog world!
Post a Comment