Pages

Saturday, February 2

Happy (belated) Blogiversary!

Happy 5 years to my dear old blog!
Created originally to record all of my overseas travels, this blog has been through a lot with me.  Even though I haven't posted as much as I had imagined, I'm still glad I have all of these memories available to read whenever. 
 
The other night I was having trouble going to sleep so I decided to go back to the beginning and read posts from my semester in Greece.  It is crazy how many details and stories and places I had forgotten about!  It makes me all the more glad that I decided to create a blog just for that purpose.
 
I truly can't believe it has been FIVE years since the most life-altering experience of my life.  I can't even put into words how grateful I am for the opportunity and I will be forever changed because of it.  On top of that, the fact that Devin and I have this wonderful semester in common (even though he went a year later) is priceless!  We share a love for travel and Harding and specifically our little home in Porto Rafti.  Let's take a trip back to yester-year....
 
I decided this was the best way to weigh my suitcases as I was preparing to pack my world up and head across the ocean.

The view from my room at the Artemis in Porto Rafti - our home away from home.

I got to see the Parthenon

The Giza pyramids (and go inside one!)

Kiss a pyramid (they don't encourage it)

Ride a camel - SO much fun!

Dress like the locals (with Captain and Dimy, our fearless leaders)

Ride the Titanic down the Nile River
 
 Share our culture with Egyptians

Visit lots and lots of very old temples

See the Corinthian Canal (where my future husband would bungee jump a year later!)

Stand where Paul stood at the Bema in Corinth

See where it all started in Olympia and run on the very first track!

Spend the most perfect weekend away on a Greek Island 


Spend afternoons studying with this scenery

Travel to Israel and see some ancient Aqueducts


See, touch, and sing by the Jordan River

Read the Sermon on the Mount - ON the mount by the Sea of Galilee

Float on the Sea of Galilee at sunset

Float IN the Dead Sea

Go to Petra in Jordan

See an empty tomb at the Garden Tomb

Pray in the Garden of Gethsemane

See some incredible ancient art in person
 
Visit Mykonos and the famous windmills

Turn 20 years old on the Island of Rhodes

Shake hands with the Captain of our cruise because it was my birthday

Go to Turkey and walk through ancient Ephesus
 
 "Free travel" to Berlin...


Munich
 
 Austria

Venice

Florence

Rome


Switzerland

Paris

Ireland

And Kiss the Blarney stone.
 
 
It was a little impossible selecting out of 4,000 pictures but I think you get the point...
It was an incredible four month journey that I'll never forget.  I have life-long friendships and tons of great memories that continue to put a smile on my face. 
I am so thankful for HUG!
 


1 comment:

elizabeth said...

LOVE it! I went to HUF, so I understand the life changing experience thing!! :) Happy Blogversary!HAhahaha!!