This morning we visited a church that had missionaries from Africa speak about their experiences. This married couple is apart of a unique group of four young families who committed to serving 10 years in Tanzania. It was wonderful hearing how God is working there and seeing pictures of the different ways they are spreading God's word. They even had some adorable pictures of their one year old daughter and how she even ministers to the local people.
I starting thinking...
Their daughter was born in Africa. (Since they have been there for two years, and the daughter is a year old, I was able to put two and two together.)
All she knows (and all she will ever know for the next 8 years) is life as a missionary in Africa.
That will be her normal.
I caught myself thinking, "How strange to live a life where every conversation you have, every purpose you desire, and every action you perform is completely focused on God."
And I was immediately filled with shame.
God was saying, "DUH, Lauren! Of course that's how I want you to live. I come before everything and I AM everything."
Obviously, I need change my thinking on how this whole "living for God" thing works.
And I don't need to travel abroad to do so. I want to make that change right here, in my married, apartment, substitute, Arkansas life.
Every word, every purpose, and every action.
No comments:
Post a Comment