Pages

Monday, November 5

The best friends you don't pick

I'm thankful for these two siblings, not just as Grace's parents, but as family, friends and a brother and sister in Christ.


Avery has been the best big brother a girl could ask for. We weren't super close growing up but that's part of it. We fought some but nothing that wasn't normal sibling disagreement. Once he graduated high school and put a little distance between us by going to Harding, we got closer, more like friends. He hinted and then not so subtly hinted that I should go to Harding. To be honest, I didn't want to go there just because it was his idea, but when I really thought about it, I couldn't picture myself anywhere else. I'm so glad for that influence because my life would be drastically different.

Harding is also where Avery met Erica. She is a smart, beautiful girl from TN who is a fantastic nurse. She helps, molds, and saves lives every day, sacrificing time with her sweet, healthy daughter to help other families achieve the same blessing. At first, she might seem quiet, but once you get to know her, she has a great spirit and wonderful insight.

All four of us (the "kids") always have a great time together, usually laughing till we cry while playing games. I'm so thankful to be closer to them and I look forward to many more laughs!

I'm thankful for Avery and Erica Casey - my sibs :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my second favorite blog behind the one you did yesterday ;) We always look forward to the laughs and the great times that we have together and we can't wait for Thanksmas!!! We are soooo thankful for y'all and love you very much!!!! -Avery

Mom said...

:)