As you've seen from blog post below, we are moving to Arkansas! Specifically, we are moving back to our old stompin' grounds, Searcy. It is still a little bit unreal, especially since at this point, we only have a place to live. No jobs secured, and with that come lots of seemingly rude questions and strange looks. But we are okay with that.
We feel like this is where God wants us to be and where we need to be right now. Our original "plan" (yes, I realize God is giggling at the phrase "our plan") was to stay in Arkansas after we graduated. But once we learned that Dev's mom was sick, we moved to Colorado to be near family. We have loved our time here and it breaks my heart to think of leaving friends and family. I have cherished our church family at Northwest and it will be hard to leave them. It has also been a difficult year. They say the first year of marriage is the hardest, and ours had its times of difficulty, but I don't believe they are the normal difficult reasons. Through the loss of family members, we have grown closer together and figured out that life is easier when you have each other to lean on.
So how did we come to moving? And why Arkansas?
Good questions.
Knowing that our apartment lease would be up in October, we started talking about moving options in July. We contemplated moving to Texas or Arkansas, but decided just to wait at least 6 more months, thinking moving and jobs would be easier then. In August, D got a call about a job opening as an Admissions Recruiter for Harding. This is a job that I feel was made for Devin (working with people, working at HU, traveling, etc). When he heard about it, I could tell it was something he really wanted! So we talked about it and decided to go for it. He got his resume and application in quickly and then we played the waiting game. After a week or so, we found out that the recruiter who was leaving was no longer able to do so.
We realized that we were disappointed and left with a desire and calling to be in Searcy.
Searcy meets both of our ideal living wishes: It isn't exactly Texas, but it is closer to my family AND it's a small(ish) town (mine, obviously). For D, it isn't too small of a town and it's only 40 minutes from an airport. As bad as it might sound, I'm excited to be back in a place where most people love God, vote republican, and speak with a southern accent.
Moving day is Mid-October and we are counting down the days! I have started to slowly pack but I've already paid the price of packing early and had to open a box back up for some envelopes. Speaking of packing, since this is my first move as a wife, are there any good tips or tricks for packing and changing addresses? Any help would be great!
No comments:
Post a Comment