Pages

Saturday, August 11

Currently...

Watching:  The Olympics - Who isn't?  Although I must admit, I'm ready to go back to my normal bedtime.

Listening:  Mixed CD made by none other than my sweet hubby, including songs such as The Big Bang theme song, Stand Out (from the Goofy Movie), 500 miles, and Brown Eyed Girl.

Feeling:  Like I'm ready for Devin to come home!  He has been in Arkansas this weekend for a wedding.  I wish I had been able to go as well, but we just couldn't afford for both of us to go.  This is the first time I've been home and he hasn't.  I gotta say, not a fan.

Wanting:  A new purse.  I'm pretty sure from the day I was born I have had a love for all things bag.  Big purses, little purses, backpacks, carry-ons, and luggage.  It has been almost a year since I have bought a new purse (heaven forbid, right?  Please note that I'm just filling out the question-I will certainly live without a new purse).

Needing:  To spring clean.  Yes I realize it is "sall" (summer-fall) and spring cleaning may not even be neccessary in an apartment, but I just want to thoroughly clean up and clean out.

Drinking:  Coke in moderation.  This is huge, people.  For most of my life, I've had cokes (no, I don't say soda or pop) whenever I felt like it.  My mom never kept them in our house so they were usually as a treat when we would eat out.  I never saw the negative effects until I got to college and my activity level dropped.  So I decided I would give them up completely for the entire year of 2009.  I did, to my surprise, make it a full year without any cokes and I noticed how great I felt and how I lost a few lbs just from not drinking calories (what a concept).  After that year, I figured I would be able to handle adding cokes into my life every now and then but it was really hard.  I'm not sure why or how, but I have recently figured it out.  There are really only a few times I want a coke now, like at the movies or the ballpark (apparently I like to pay an insane amount of money for my cokes).

Eating:  Less sugar and grains.  I'm beginning to become more and more convinced that this epidemic of diseases (alzhiemers, cancer, etc) is from all the junk that we call food that has been chemically made and processed.  I'm certainly not perfect and I'm still trying to learn better ways to cook without using those things.  If you are interested in more info, check out "Good Calories, Bad Calories" and "The Primal Blueprint."

Reading:  "Becoming a Woman of Simplicity."  Our Sunday morning ladies Bible class is doing a study with this book, and it has been really good!  It talks about Abiding in God and making him the priority, not all the "things" that we think we need or should do.

Annoyed:  Olympic commentators.  I will certainly not miss them over the next fours years, especially the gymnastic commentators. I know they are just trying to inform the audience of what means what, but good grief, they all sound like a bunch of Debbie Downers!

Thinking:  I will no longer try to use a butter knife to cut an apple.  It didn't work out so well for me the other day.  Not only did I cut my apple, but I also cut a slice of my finger off.  Blood was gushing everywhere.  Did I mention this was at work?  Super eventful.

Craving:  All things FALL.  I can't wait for my favorite time of year to arrive!  Football, pumpkins, boots, scarves, corn mazes, pretty leaves, and perfect weather.

Enjoying:  My crockpot.  Last week, I made two dishes, one pork and the other Italian chicken.  Both were easy to put together and of course, easy to cook! 

Received:  Read: Going to receive:  My 2012-2013 Erin Condren Planner!  It takes a month for it to get printed and shipped, but it is totally worth the wait.

Planning:  Maybe a fall get-together.  Friends and Fall festivities? Doesn't get much better than that!

Looking forward to:  Lots of things, big and small :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are so very clever!! Love you!