My marathon training could be described as less than successful. It has consisted of skipping every run during the week and then actually running the long run on Saturday. Yes, I know this is really dumb and very hard on the body. But so far it's all I've had time/motivation to do.
We get to visit our niece again soon and I cannot wait!! I have been missing that precious baby and her parents so much!! A bit after that, my parents will be coming to visit us in Denver and I am so excited! Can you tell I miss my family?
In March I will be starting a fitness class at our church building on Thursdays. I think it will be great for me and I'm praying it will be beneficial to everyone who comes. I'm very nervous about it because I don't feel like a natural leader (just call me Moses). But that is where God and his comfort and strength comes in :)
Work has been pretty good lately. I never really wanted to be working at a Vision clinic but I know it is where I'm suppose to be right now. My boss is very kind and we all get along pretty well. For having a staff of all women, I'm impressed by the lack of drama we have (praises!). I have been given more responsibility with different tasks, along with a raise and more hours. Who knew that there are so many details to a pair of glasses?!
I'm lacking in the "housewife" department. I don't cook much and I feel like no matter what I do, our apartment is always messy and full of Dirty laundry and dishes. I tell myself it's because of the hours I work but there isn't really an excuse. My mom always made house keeping, grocery shopping, and cooking look like a breeze...turns out she is just superwoman :)
A while back, Devin mentioned possible interest in a boxing class for exercise. Besides my heart stopping for a minutes from complete shock, I was excited and jumped at the opportunity! So I found a free MMA (mixed martial arts) class at an LA boxing gym and quickly signed us up. Oh my word, let me tell you. This is a FULL body workout. You punch, you kick, you duck, you crunch, you squat, you jump, and then you do some more. It was AWESOME. And the best part is that we both loved it!! So now we are at a crossroads. Gym membership isn't exactly in our Dave Ramsey budget but it might just be worth it to finally have a common hobby with my husband. What do you think? Penny-pinch and search for another hobby? Or work it in the budget and make some sacrifices elsewhere?
1 comment:
Love you!!! Believe it or not you have to make a plan to cook and clean!! Planning is one of your many strengths so turn on the music and go for it!! Devin can help, too....:)
I am proud of you!!
Post a Comment