I'll have a blue Christmas without you
I'll be so blue just thinking about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me
And when those blue snowflakes start fallin
that's when those blue memories start callin
You'll be doin alright, with your Christmas of white
I'll have a blue, blue blue blue Christmas
I recently downloaded new Christmas music, most of which was from the Glee Vol. 2 Christmas album. Blue Christmas came on, which is a song I know and am familiar with. It is one that is played on most Christmas CD's and radio stations. However, this time I heard it in a completely different way. I've always viewed it to be a man who is sad his girlfriend broke up with him, or something to that effect.
But now, with a big hole in my heart, I hear the song of a man who has lost a loved one and is having to face the holidays without them. After Thanksgiving, I'm beginning to realize that it's not only the absence of Meg and Ddad that makes it hard, but its also the abundance of wonderful memories that come to mind of these two amazing people. Holidays are about family and togetherness, which brings more awareness to the fact that they are no longer here on earth.
Devin has been having a really hard time lately. His physical health is being affected because of the heartache, grief, and anxiety he is experiencing. If you could keep him in your prayers, that would be wonderful.
God never promised us this life would be easy.
This is something I often forget and take for granted.
"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord's praise for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6
Devin has been having a really hard time lately. His physical health is being affected because of the heartache, grief, and anxiety he is experiencing. If you could keep him in your prayers, that would be wonderful.
God never promised us this life would be easy.
This is something I often forget and take for granted.
"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing the Lord's praise for He has been good to me." Psalm 13:5-6
No comments:
Post a Comment