Pages

Saturday, November 19

Wedding weekend: Friday!

Friday morning started off with bridesmaid pampering!  Some got manicures and some got pedicures.  Either way, I think they enjoyed it!



The owner of the nail salon gave me this bottle of lotion with a little wedding dress cover on it.  It was very sweet and thoughtful.  If only they knew my feelings about lotion...

For lunch, we headed to the Tea Room on the square where my aunt Xan had prepared an amazing bridal luncheon.  The theme was "pumpkins and pearls", which could not have been more perfect.

Mimi and I ended up being twinkies!  And we didn't even call each other beforehand :)

No celebration is complete without some Mrs. Martin cookies.  This time there were 6 girls in gray dresses (one for each bridesmaid) and one girl in a white dress (me!), along with some yellow flowers and wedding cake cookies.

The whole group of girls that attended the luncheon.  I am so thankful for each and every one of these women.  They hold a special place in my heart!

Mrs. Messick and Mrs. Stewart
Roommates for life :)

The girls with their bridal gift - a set of bags and a scarf made by me!

We had the rehearsal dinner at the Dinner Bell and I am SO glad.  It was wonderful food, just the right size for our guests, and a fun atmosphere.


Will she be the next one to get married?!  I think so! :)

Little William loving kisses from Devin.  We were blessed to have many under the age of 1 attend the rehearsal dinner and even the wedding.  And when I say blessed, I really do mean it.  Babies are so precious and grow up so fast - I'm glad we got to see them all at such an exciting time of our lives.  Even Hank and Katie brought the triplets, which I might add, are the most adorable triplets ever!

The girls!

Devin and I thought it would be fun to play Bingo at the dinner since that is something his family has always done on holidays.  We had six rounds, each round with a winner, and Kelcy happened to win once!  She was a gracious winner, but unfortunately we had some sour sallies in the audience as well. ha!  Kelcy shared her halloween straws to pacify them.

My mom had her kindergarten class draw a picture and tell us ways to have a happy marriage.  Some were cute and sweet, and some were down right hilarious!  Loved it!

The last few pictures are the appropriate pictures from the lingerie shower the girls had for me. 
We had a yummy cookie cake!

 We played a lingerie shower themed pictionary game.  This too got a little competitive, but hey!  It's not fun unless there is some challenge and risk to it.  In the end, my team won!


This is probably one of my favorite gifts I have received.  Each bridesmaid decorated two pages with pictures and memories that we had together, then combine the pages into a scrapbook.  It was so sweet and I'm pretty sure the only reason I didn't cry was lack of sleep and nerves :)


Still to come- Wedding day and Honeymoon!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I didn't know about pictionary! Too fun!!!! I absolutely love your blogs!!!