oh my word.
I cannot believe it is finally here. I am getting married this weekend! I will be Mrs. Devin Stewart.
I am excited and nervous.
Excited because I get to marry my best friend. Excited because I get to see so many friends and family that I love all under on roof. Excited because I get to see the months and months of planning come to fruition. Excited to have my special day, a day that every girl dreams from the time they are very little.
Nervous because I don't want anything to go wrong. Anything big, that is. I realize that something WILL go wrong. I just pray that it will just be a detail. Nervous because a lot of people I love are traveling to this wedding and I am praying for safe travels. Nervous because for the bachelor party, Devin and his groomsmen, along with a few older men, are going hog hunting Friday night. I know that they are extremely safe hunters but...accidents happen. I am praying for safety for that, too.
I know it will be a wonderful day - because at the end of the day, I will still be married.
Still be Mrs. Stewart.
I love how, in retrospect, every small decision brought Devin and I together. I know, without a doubt, that God brought us together. For example, Devin's parents weren't Christians when they got married. They felt like they were missing something in their life - that there was more to life that they were missing out on. One day, they were driving by Northwest C of C, and Meg just suggested they try a church. So they went to Northwest, got baptized, and became faithful servants of God. They raised Devin to follow Christ and search after God's own heart. Even as a child, he loved to sing in church and praise God. When he reached 7th grade, he joined The Singing Youth of Denver, a traveling youth group of the Denver metro churches that ministered to others. That year they took a trip to Harding University, and it was then that Devin knew where he wanted to go for college. In 7th grade!
Switching sides...my brother, as a Junior in High School, decided he wanted to go to Harding before he had even visited the campus. And it was perfect - he found his place and he excelled. Every now and then when we would talk on the phone or at holidays, he would mention how I should go to Harding because it was so great, blah blah blah. To be honest, going where my brother wanted me to go to college wasn't an option...only because HE wanted me to go there (it's a sibling thing lol). I was determined to find my own place. But as a Senior in High School, I just opened my eyes and realized that there was never any doubt or any question. I knew Harding was the place for me.
Because my brother is 3 years older then me, he was still in school when I became a freshman at Harding. It was great to have someone show me the ropes and I always knew he was there to help if I ever needed anything. One cool thing Avery did while he was there was to help start a men's club.
(side note: in place of frats and sororities, HU has men's and women's clubs. Each club has what they call Queens (for guy clubs) and Beaus (for girls clubs). It is an honor so there are only about 4 or so queens/beaus per club.)
I was honored as a freshman to be selected as a queen for Avery's club. It is a fun job - baking cookies, giving encouragement, watching sports, sending campus mail, etc - anything to make the guys day better! The next year Devin was a freshman at Harding, and with an extremely last minute decision, joined a guys club...
you guessed it....the same one that I was a queen for.
meet cute :)
No comments:
Post a Comment