Spring break day one: success.
I woke up (wide awake, mind you) at 7 a.m. this morning, even though I didn't get to bed last night until 1 a.m. I really thought I would sleep in at least a little bit, since my day was so busy yesterday with the Archery Tournament (which was SO much fun by the way), and then driving 7 hours home. But no! I was ready for the day at 7. I decided to watch TV until the gym opened, and to my surprise, Gilmore Girls was on! Perf. At 8, my mom and I headed to the gym. After my run, I decided to branch out and do some squats with the weight bar. I honestly have not done this since high school...brought back good memories of athletics! We walked Mikah around the cemetery when we got home, and then I spent some quiet time on the porch swing -- I just love porch swings! For lunch, we got some Tex-Mex (always a blessing) and then went to see the chapel where I will be getting married. Oh, I love it the more and more I see it. It is just absolutely perfect, and exactly what I had in mind. After a stop by Dairy King for a vanilla cream coke on the way home, we planned out dinner for the next few days and made a trip to the store. I know most people don't like or understand small town living, but it is so special to me. The details, especially. Like having a person designated to push your groceries out to your car for you. Yes, I am perfectly capable of taking my groceries to my car, but it's the gesture that makes me feel like I'm living in the fifties.
Currently, my homemade pizza is cooking in the oven, and I have plans to being addressing save the dates tonight, along with sweeping and mopping my room. Even though I have lots of work to get done this week, it's nice that my days are so simple and relaxed. And I'll admit it...I really do love hanging out with my parents. I love this stage that we are beginning where they are mentors and friends, and of course, parents when they have to be lol.
1 comment:
i love our small town too!!! and you just made me REALLY want a vanilla cream dr. pepper!
Post a Comment