Ever just need a good cry?
Well, have I got the show for you.
Lifetime's Coming Home will certainly help you achieve this goal.
Oh. my. word.
I cry just watching the commercial snippets for the actual television show.
This show captures soldiers coming home stories and reunions with their families. Some even get to surprise their family in a grand way, which I absolutely love. I'm all for surprises. Such sweet, happy, precious reunions -- definitely a good kind of cry :)
I have had the military on my mind a lot lately. One, because of the recent happenings with Libya, and I only say happenings because I truly don't know what exactly is going on. And mainly, I have been thinking about the military because my future brother-in-law just graduated from basic. I am so proud of the choice he has made to serve our country and the courage he has to do so. He is now going to AIT training to be a medic for 13 weeks. He was told that he has a 100% chance of getting deployed after all his training. Now that I have someone close to me in the military, I have really seen the need and the importance of prayer for those protecting and serving our country. It is easy to feel helpless if you have a loved one serving overseas.
Here is the comforting thought.
"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 34:4
"You are my strength, I sing praise to you; you, God, are my fortress, my God on whom I can rely."
Psalm 59:17
"Rejoice always, PRAY CONTINUALLY, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"I will not forget you! See, I have engraved you on the palms on my hands."
Isaiah 49:16
There many, many more verses about how God watches over us, hears our prayers, and loves us SO much that He gave his own son for us. Yes, I worry, and will worry, about Dillon's safety. That is the human in me. But worry, as you know I'm sure, is like a rocking chair. It's a lot of work that gets you nowhere. And besides, if the creator of the UNIVERSE says that He loves and cares for us so much to give his son, don't you think He is capable and powerful enough to handle our worries?
So we pray.
Some say, "I feel so helpless..All I can do is pray."
Like it is a last resort.
Like it isn't powerful enough.
wrong.
On behalf of Dillon and my soon-to-be family, I ask you to do something incredible.
Something powerful.
Something that requires faith that can move a mountain (remember, mustard seeds are small).
Please pray for Dillon Stewart, along with all of our other military men and women. Lift them up before God, asking for safety. Lift them up, asking for peace for their families. Mostly, lift them up, asking God to use this experience to bring them closer to HIM.
1 comment:
You have such a precious spirit! I love you!
Post a Comment