Pages

Sunday, January 2

resolutions

1.  Read the Bible more.
I realize this is cliche but I really do need to get on the ball.  I hate to think of how much time I put into reading my Bible compared to how much time I spend watching TV, reading magazines, etc.

2.  Set a PR in a half marathon.
With student teaching this semester, I sadly probably won't be able to run the Nashville half but I would really like to run one at some point, finishing with my fastest time yet. 

3.  Cook more, eat out less.
I find cooking exciting but I hate the risk of my dinner turning out bad.  SO I just want to cook more, get more experience, that way when October gets here, I won't starve my husband.

4.  Learn how to be frugal.
I need to learn how to live as cheaply as possible.  I want to figure out the best deals and best opportunities, where to get good coupons (if those still exist), and how to make things I need if it is possible.  Instead of being depressed about my future money situation, I am deciding to look at it as a challenge.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I should learn how to benefit from coupons too...Seems such a simple way to save, however no one does it anymore!

Mom said...

You are precious! I truly believe the ONLY way to become a good...decent cook is through trial and error. Expect to burn, scorch and throw out several things. :) There's no time like the present to get started! I love your resolutions!!! You're going to be surprised at how cheaply you can live and not go hungry or be deprived!! I love you!!!

Whatsoever is Pure said...

Sounds like you have a lot of great resolutions! I'm new to your blog, but weddings always get me happy (I'm a wedding photographer) and the desire to read God's Word more is always a good thing. I also run half-marathons although my goal is to just finish- PR means "putt-putt" and "rest" to me. Have a great 2011!