In August of 2007, I moved into Kendall dorm with this girl named Kelcy Kitson. I was a little apprehensive but really excited. You see, Kelcy and I had a history (we grew up going to the same camp but never really got to know each other--I thought she was weird and she thought I was stuck up) but in the previous spring, via classes and spring sing practices, we got to know each other and become friends. But as you may know, deciding to live with someone is a big deal. It can make or break a friendship.
Well, I am happy (and blessed) to say that it definitely made our friendship. We have been roommates since that semester and it has been so great. We have done a lot of silly. pointless things (Saltine challenge for example). We have laughed our heads off and kept up with ridiculous things we say on our "Wall of Shame". We have adopted the movie Dumb and Dumber as our signature every week (or every night at some points) movie. We have cried with each other and listened to each other's troubles and heartbreaks. More than anything, I have learned so much from her. She is a caring and loving friend who can talk to just about anyone (I certainly wish I had that ability). She has shown me how to be Christ to the people around me and I am so unbelievely grateful that God put her in my life.
Tomorrow, Kelcy will be walking across the Benson stage, receiving her degree, and moving out of our apartment, preparing to get married in January. I am so excited for her new adventure with Drew and I can't wait to see how God uses them, but I would be lying if I didn't say that I am a little sad too. I will miss her so much! I guess Kelcy and I will just have to figure out this "keeping in touch" thing.
On a lighter note...
Devin left this morning for Illinois to be in a wedding and won't be back to Searcy till late tomorrow night so he got 4th and 5th day of Christmas surprises before he left.
No comments:
Post a Comment