Pages

Sunday, December 26

Merry Christmas!

A lot has happened since my last post.

Graduation.

A hilarious trip to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Concert.  Let me tell you, it was hardly an orchestra.  Anyway, I plan on dedicating a whole post over that experience.

Dev and I headed to Texas to spend a few days with my parents and have an early Christmas with them.  I absolutely loved our time there and I was truly blessed by the time spent with my family.

We went to the ICE sculptures at the Gaylord Texan and it was awesome!  It is amazing what they can do with ice, a freezing room, and some saws.

Wednesday, my mom and I went wedding dress shopping!  Oh my goodness.  It is so surreal that I am in the market for a wedding dress.  Like when did I become old enough for that?!  Anyway, I could not have asked for a better day.  I didn't buy a dress, but I found some potentials and the best part is I had a great day with my mom that I will treasure forever.  Sure do love that lady! 

God is pretty awesome.  Let me tell you.  Wednesday evening I started to stress out about this whole dress thing.  To the point where I prayed about it.  I know what you are thinking...how menial, how tiny, how pointless and material of a prayer that must be?  Well, that was part of it.  I asked God to speak to me, to tell me if having the "perfect" dress is really important.  See, I was torn because the top two I liked the most were almost the same, the main difference being $300.  But even then, having not seen the dress on for almost 12 hours, I started to doubt how much I even loved my top two.  So yes, I prayed.  I prayed for peace about it and for knowledge of what to do in the situation.  To know that I should find happiness in a material thing or just realize that the dress is a bonus in getting married. 

Fast forward to the next day when my mom and I are at the store..
I got my daily text message from a friend who sends a bible verse everyday.  This was the verse for the day - "Then He said to His disciples, "Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; nor about the body, what you will put on.  Life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing." (Luke 12:22-23)
Genius.  Sheer Genius.

We celebrated Christmas with my parents on Dec. 23 (evening) and it was so wonderful!  Santa was WAY too good to me.  However, later that night, Devin got a phone call from his mom saying that his grandpa (her dad) fell and hit his head.  He was taken to the hospital but because of the blood mass on his brain, the doctors said he had anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 days.  Two and a half hours later we got another phone call saying that his grandpa had passed on.  Thankfully, Devin and I had already planned on flying to Denver on Christmas Eve so we were able to be with his family quickly.  I realized as I was laying in bed, trying to sleep, anxious about how the next few days would play out, that God had a part in this too.  See, Devin's grandpa's wife has a really bad heart...a month ago, the doctors gave her one to two months to live.  His grandpa's worst fear was that she would die and he would be left alone.  Now even though his death was unwanted and caused hurt, I truly believe that God was looking out for his grandpa.  Not only will he not have to be alone after she dies, but he gets to wait for her to join him in the best possible place.  Another blessing is that he passed peacefully with zero pain surrounded by family.

I am about to pass out I'm so sleepy.  Even though the time change is just an hour between AR and CO, I totally feel it.  Goodnight!

No comments: