My beautiful and talented friends, Meagan and Melissa, were asked to hide during the proposal to take pictures. I am so glad that Devin thought to have them take pictures. I love that these memories are captured. The pictures below are just a snippet of the total that were taken - Melissa has edited them and I LOVE them!
Devin took me to the gazebo where we have hung out a lot. It is also where we have our Wednesday night bible study group. Devin had a memory book made with pictures from when we starting dating to now. On the last page, it said,"Will you marry me?" Naturally I cried, and so did he, so he never actually said the words and I never actually said yes, I just kept nodding my head!
So excited! He proposed with my great-grandmother's ring (you already know about that).
my future husband
So after we left the gazebo, Devin said we were going to Docs, a really nice steakhouse in town, for dinner to celebrate. On the way there, I called my parents, brother, and sister-in-law, while he called his family to let them all know the good news. We arrived at the steakhouse and the hostess walked us all the way to the back of the restaurant and turned left into one of the private party dining areas. As I turned the corner, I saw my mom, dad, brother, SIL, Dev's mom, and Dev's dad, ALL waiting to congratulate us in person! I was thoroughly shocked, as you can see.
love my mom - such an awesome wedding planner, too ;)
Devin's mom telling me how excited she is!
Still in complete shock, yet so happy!
group pic in B&W
in color












No comments:
Post a Comment