Pages

Sunday, November 21

help wanted: motivation revamp

I have seriously been slacking on training for my second half marathon which is coming up quickly (Dec. 4). 

Why?  NO IDEA.

I loved my first half!  It was so fun and exhausting and encouraging.  It made the training worthwhile (plus losing lbs in the process was pretty nice, too) and it made me feel so accomplished.  So without hesitation, I signed up for my second one.  I have had the same amount of free time to squeeze in workouts/runs but for some reason, I have no motivation.  I'm not really looking forward to it.  And even though I have seen the benefits from the previous one, I just can't make myself get hardcore this time around.  It's almost like I'm burned out.  Maybe it was too much too soon?  I don't know.  I really hope it's just a weird little funk that I am going through because I wanted my next race to be a full marathon.  At this point, there is no way I will have the dedication for that.

So here's hoping (and praying) that I will happen upon some new motivation.  Like say A WEDDING to get ready for maybe? 

Yesterday was the first day in November that I didn't blog.  I should be disappointed because I said I would post every day in November but I honestly though I would make it to Nov. 5 and be done with it.  So instead, I'm celebrating.  Plus, I spent a lovely day with family so I would rather be doing that then posting on blogger.

No comments: