Pages

Sunday, April 11

Two-Two

A few things about my 21st year:

1.  I completed the bet Lacey and I made 2 years ago (see post from April 4, 2008) and grew my hair out to my ribs.
2.  After years and years of a bad habit, I finally stopped tearing up my fingernails.  I have been "ugly nail" free for over 2 months now.
3.  One regret from my 21 year?  Giving blood.  At first, you think that's not a regret at all.  Well, see.  I wasn't thinking when I donated this past Monday, but when you donate blood, you lose oxygen.  Giving blood 2 weeks before you run a half marathon...NOT a good idea.  I'm pretty sure the last 2 and a half months of training are down the tube.  At least it was for a good cause...
4.  I realized I was growing up the other day when I was strolling around Walmart, cruising by the cleaning aisle, and thought to myself, "Wow, that's an awesome mop.  That would be great to clean with one of those."  Like, oh my goodness.  That really happened.
5.  I have really learned a lot about myself this past year, mostly thanks to Devin, who forces me to realize these things, even when I don't want to. 
6.  I held two jobs that I never in my wildest dreams thought I, Lauren Elise, would hold:  vending at Rockies baseball games (yes, the people that go up and down the aisles screaming with food/drink on their heads) and a cleaning lady.  Both, mostly fun.
7.  I have lost 21 lbs.
8.  I was aiming to make this list 21 things but I just can't think of things off the top of my head.

The most important thing:  I was abundantly blessed more than I could have ever imagined this year.  God is so good!

1 comment:

Mom said...

What great accomplishments! I like all 21 years worth of stuff though, not just this past year! :)