Pages

Monday, March 1

monday monday

Puggy Sue, our 14 year old persian cat, died this weekend.  To be honest, we never got along and she was really mean.  Maybe it was because I pretty much tortured her as a kitten by playing catch with her, but hey, I didn't know any better.  So needless to say, I didn't think I would be sad when this day came.  But I am.  I will miss her.

Puggy Sue was notorious for peeing on everything.  EVERYTHING.  We always had to keep our room doors closed.  My mom continually washed rugs that Puggy Sue confused with her litter box. Well, one day, I was going through a small box of keepsakes from the relationship I was currently in and I had to run to the living room for a second so I didn't think to shut my door.  Keep in mind, this box contained 2 and a half years of movie ticket stubs, cards, letters, flower petals, etc.  As I come back into my room, I see Puggy Sue staring at me.  Then she quickly made her exit, right as I noticed that she peed in my keepsake box!!! I was SO upset.  Like I really thought it was the end of the world.  In retrospect, she was just doing me a favor. :)

Or there was that one time, when Puggy Sue went absolutely crazy.  She basically got in a fight with her tail.  She would bite it, feel the pain but not realize it was her that was causing the pain, so she would bite it again to stop the pain, and the cycle went on and on until she bit down to the nerve and had to have half of her tail amputated.  I mean, really?  It takes a special cat to do that, right?

Well, I searched for a picture to leave for you of Puggy Sue. But I have none.

Do you ever think about how technology is changing our relationships?
The other day, Devin and I were talking and we both realized that we generally are in constant communication.  Mostly through texting, but also on the internet and on the phone.  Rarely in letters or mail, and then there is face to face communication.  I'm sitting here trying to imagine how our relationship would be different if there was no such thing as a cell phone.  Life was so simple then it seems.  It is hard to not get overwhelmed by technology (at least for me) and I usually look at it negatively.  I know there are positive things about having cell phones and the internet, but it really scares me how easily Satan can use these things to get to us.  He has so many tools to sneak into our lives, without us even realizing it.

Acts 4:13
"When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus."
Wow.  Just by merely looking at Peter and John, those around them were able to see that they were followers of Jesus.  This verse challenges me.  It makes me wonder what people see when they look at me.  Do they see Jesus?  Or do they see a gossip?  A liar?  A jealous, envious girl?  A hypocrit?  I pray that God will give me courage so that others will see Him in me. 

Sorry for the randomness.
Sometimes it is just the easiest way to blog for me.
I would love it if any readers of this post would leave prayer requests as a comment.  If you would prefer, you can make the request annonymous.  I would love to pray for you! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also wonder what relationships in general would be like. i am sorry about puggy and i love you dearly!!! Devin

Anonymous said...

I wonder what relationships would be like? i am sorry to hear about puggy. and i love you dearly ellie!!! Devin

Jenn said...

Oh, you and Devin are so cute.

Your relationship reminders would be different...I have lots of letters from Aaron when we were dating. Not so many anymore because of e-mail and texting....

Sorry about your silly cat. :) I pray for you (and Devin!) quite often...You are a great example on that campus, girl. Keep it up! :)

Mom said...

I'll have to say it is strange not having Puggy Sue around. As much as I totally hated that she peed on everything, I do miss her, too.

As always, I am so very proud of you!! You continually make great choices...even Devin. :)

I love you!!