January 15-18th
Devin and I were scheduled to fly to Abilene (Little Rock to Dallas to Abilene) on Friday afternoon so I could make it to the dress rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for my cousin Jenny's wedding. I was asked to be a bridesmaid and I couldn't wait! It was great timing. We were going to fly out at 2 and get to Abilene by 5:20, giving us plenty of time to be at the church by 6. At 1:30, we learned that our flight was CANCELLED. Not delayed, cancelled. Of all the many, many flights that I have been on, I have never had a flight cancelled. I was pretty much in shock. So of course, I start stressing out, because the absolute LAST thing I want to do is upset my cousin by being late or completely missing the rehearsal. I wanted her day to be perfect, just like I want mine to be (when that day comes). Thankfully, Devin was there with me. He comforted me and told me everything was going to be fine. He also took action and became good friends with the lady who was helping everyone get new flights. So our plan B was to stay in Little Rock and wait for the flight at 5:15 am the next day, arriving in Abilene at 10:30 am (an hour and a half before my hair appointment). Then after talking to my parents, we decided to fly to Dallas (Little Rock to Memphis to Dallas), be picked up by my parents, and all drive to Abilene from there that night. Thirty minutes after we arrived in Abilene at my grandparents (1:30 am), I became SICK. Yes, throwing up. So much fun. All night. By 10:30 am, I realized that I did NOT feel confident walking down the aisle and standing at the front feeling the way I did. I mean, could you imagine the horror of having to run off because I was about to vomit during her wedding? Again, stressing out because I did not want to ruin her day! I am so thankful for my parents Abliene connections because with just a few phone calls, I was able to get some medicine that made me feel SOO much better!! I made it thru the hair appointment, pre-wedding pictures, and wedding wonderfully! It was such a beautiful wedding and I am so happy for Jenny and Chase. They are so precious and I pray God blesses their marriage.
Finally made it on a plane to get to Dallas!
Fast forward a few weekends...
For our double date, Kelcy and I decided to make dinner for our boyfriends! Neither one of us is hardly a "Betty Crocker" so it was quite an interesting (and fun) experience.
Isn't she just adorable with her apron on?
So, that's just a little of what I have been up to lately! I hope everyone is having a wonderful wednesday.
Oh ya, so the website at the top is a fundraiser to help Haiti. Locally, it has raised over $33,000 in the Searcy area! Check it out and see how you can help!
No comments:
Post a Comment