My schedule this semester is so easy. At least right now it seems that way! I have 3 classes on MWF and 2 on TR (done by 10:30 am) so I feel like my workload is too light. Like a "its too good to be true" kind of thing. I do know that once I start having projects and tests, as well as begin America Reads (job) again, my life will get much crazier...so for now, I'm enjoying the 10 pm bedtimes and afternoons of napping and running.
I feel like God is working in my life in a big way right now. I'm not sure what or when or why or how, I just feel it. Lately, my eyes have been opened to the tremendous need for missionaries all over the world. Did you know there are only TWO churches in the ENTIRE country of Switzerland?! That just blows my mind. I can't even begin to count the number of churches in my tiny hometown of 8,000 people (there are roughly 7.5 million in Switzerland).
Everyone is getting engaged/married. EVERYONE. At least it seems that way.
I have recently decided to not participate in Spring Sing this year. Although it is just a silly production of singing and dancing, I have really enjoyed it and I know I will miss it. Why? Because when I left high school and stopping all the activities involved with high school (aka cheerleading), my days of performing seemed over. Then there was spring sing!! And it filled that void for a little while! But now, I'm left with a passion to dance and no outlet to fulfill that passion. So the question is do I look for new ways to fulfill this passion, or do I just move on and find something new?
I think I am the only person who doesn't want to see Dear John.
Training for the half marathon is going pretty great so far! Kelcy and I are able to find a time during each day to train together whether its mid-morning or before curfew. Neither of us are
in great shape but with the schedule we have, it is easing us into the longer distance runs. I'm looking forward to the challenge of keeping to the schedule and running farther than I ever have before.
I'm not quite sure if anyone reads this blog anymore besides my mom (not that its a bad thing mom, I'm glad you do :)
Devin started his own bible study on Wednesday nights his freshman year and he is still doing a great job keeping it going. This past week, he talked about worldly sorrow and Godly sorrow, and read a verse from 2 Corinthians which I never really noticed before. I'll leave you with it because it really got me thinking.
"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvationv and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death."
2 Corinthians 7:10
3 comments:
I'm still here...reading about your life at Harding! Aaron and I are teaching in the high school class on Wednesday night and we just studied that same verse....we are talking about regret. I was just like you...I didn't remember ever reading that verse before...
Hey girl...I know exactly how you feel about the engaged/married thing...my senior year it felt like I was the ONLY one not engaged or married. Of course, I wasn't and was so much better for it (met Aaron right after Harding!) but it felt so weird!!
I've read Dear John but didn't know it was going to be a movie until mentioned it...
Okay, I'm done taking over your comments section! I just wanted you to know that You aren't alone...Oh and I didn't do Spring sing my last year, too...are you sure you aren't copying my years at HU?? He he he
Love the thoughts about missions...keep praying about it. God is working in your life in a HUGE way!! I can tell he is just by reading your blog!! Keep it up, girl and I'll keep reading!!
Love from Texas!
I just started reading your blog!
`Maybe more would read your blog is you posted more that once every 2 months...lol I don't care how often you blog, I love it!!!
Try aerobics!
I'm glad you have Devin. :)
You have such a precious heart. I love you!!!! XOXOXOXOXO
Post a Comment